Topic: A SUCCESSFUL EVENT- TRIBUTE TO SALIL CHOWDHURY-SUDHIN DASGUPTA

Hi,
I don't know how to describe the success that yesterday's event witnessed. As a whole it was an overwhelming experience for all of us.
"Memories are made of These", a tribute to Salil Chowdhury and Sudhin Dasgupta, witnessed a grand success !!!

The musical trip was dedicated to the legendary musician-composer Manohari Singh, remembering his birth day which is on 8 March.

Shaukat Khan flagged off the event with a mesmerizing gem Zindegi Kaisi Hai Pahli, a Chowdhury's composition,played on the saxophone.

The next is, the gala performance by Calcutta Youth Choir. They went on to render Oi ujjwalo Din, Paye Cholar Pother Holo Shuru, Jago Bir Sontan(written by the composer himself during his school days), all the Dasgupta's composition one after the other followed by Purano Din Purano Mon,Amader Protibaader Bhasa and Pothey Ebar Namo Saathi, compositions by Chowdhury.It was a memorable performance by the choir.

Tapas Bhowmick, one of the musicians of Chowdhury came up with Sobar Araley(Chowdhury),Ami Andhokarer Jatri(Dasgupta)on the accordion.One of the best performances!!!
Saikat Mitra,well known singer besides legendary singer-composer Shyamal Mitra's son went on to render Sojoni lo dekhey ja(film-Shushanta Shah), Elomelo Hawaye(Film-Tahole),Hoyto Tomari Jonnyo(Film-Teen Bhuboner Paarey) all the Dasgupta's compositions back to back. While he offered Chowdhury's songs like- Jodi Kichhu Amare, Jaak Dhunye Jaak,Aar Kichhu Nei Bolaar(from his own private album recorded under Chowdhury's baton in 1990).He offered audience a feel good treat !!!
While Antara Chowdhury, made audience mesmerized with Bandho Chokhey Mor(Sabita Chowdhury's song for Dasgupta), Kon Se Alor Swapno(Prothom Kadam Phool) a haunting gem followed by O bhola mon, Eso bosona, Keno kichhu kotha balona.But the special gift was the track Ganyer Bandhu, recorded in Chowdhury's own voice( a more of karaoke track)meant for live performance.If u close your eyes it makes u feel that both the father and daughter are singing together. What an idea !!!
Bhanu Gupta one of musicians of both the composers gifted an unreleased tune composed by Chowdhury besides the evergreen gems Jare Ud Jaare Panchhi,Itna Na mujhse tu pyaar on the harmonica while Soumitra Chatterjee, another musician of Chowdhury played the tune Ek Din Dol Bendhey(Dasgupta)on the guitar with soulful passion. Rocket Mondal was the in charge of the orchestra played his solo number Aaj Mon Cheyechhe on the guitar,was a charming presentation.
At the last we must appreciate Debasish Basu's for his heartfelt presentation which helped  the trip to tune in on a high note!!!

Sudipta,Kolkata

Re: A SUCCESSFUL EVENT- TRIBUTE TO SALIL CHOWDHURY-SUDHIN DASGUPTA

"Memories are made of These", a tribute to Salil Chowdhury and Sudhin Dasgupta, witnessed a grand success !!!

Zindagi kaisi hai paheli hai!

Kabhi to hansaya,kabhi to rulaye..........................!

Hello!

"I don't know how to describe the success that yesterday's event witnessed. As a whole it was an overwhelming experience for all of us."
------------Yes,Sudipta Bhai,I am also agree with you for the same.But surprisingly you have done it very melodically.I'm not able to do the same.I also think that you've already mentioned all the things.However,............................

DEBASISH BASU:
When I saw him at the first time in the TV at my childhood,I was made a Fan of his Voice.I also like his presentation at the stage.Yesterday also was the Marvellous presentation of him.I thing that he is really a proud of our Bengal.

CALCUTTA YOUTH CHOIR:
From my childhood,I was a big Fan of Ruma Guha Thakurta & his Goup - 'CALCUTTA YOUTH CHOIR'.Our 'Guru' Amit da was one of the member of this Group once a time.It is really Marvellous that Mother's(Ruma Guha Thakurta) Group is attending the Performance in Son's (Amit Kumar) Fan Club.

SAIKAT MITRA & ANTARA CHOWDHURY:
The both are totally in our generation.I am always hungry for their Performance.It was really nostalgic & remembrance of Shyamal Mitra & Salil Chowdhury.

BHANU GUPTA,SOUMITRA CHATTERJEE,TAPASH BHOWMIC & SHAUKAT KHAN,BAPI UKIL & Others:
From my childhood many Performances I've seen of those Gems.But yesterday's performance was really rare to me.

ROCKET MONDAL:
For last 21 Years I'm the Fan of Rocket Mondal.I cannnot count of total events I've seen of Rocket Da.My alltime favourite Music Composer,Arranger & Musician.But like that yesterday's event I am honestly telling that never I've seen such type of rare event cum performance of Rocket Da.

SALIL CHOWDHURY & SUDHIN DASGUPTA:
I believe that in our Bengali Music,without the above both Gems we cannot think anything.I'm personally very very proud that Amit Kumar Fan Club had arranged to give the Tribute the both Great Legends & I am the member of the Club.

I request to our all & every Member to share the 5th March Event,who have seen the same.I think that it is our Resposibility.Plz come on!

At last it is really memorable that all we(Members) were present in the stage for some time with the above all Gems.It is really a Great Journey of our life.....................................

Jibone ki pabona
Bhulechi se bhabona
Samne ja dekhi jani se ki
asal ki nokol sona.............................................................

Enjoy!

Kausik Sarkar/Baranagar/Kolkata